Friday, January 18, 2008

Shaving Our Heads for a Cause



My cousins, Jenny, Wendy and I have been growing our hair out since 2006. In March of this year we will be shaving it all off. For those of you who now me, you have always known me with a lot of fricken hair. So this is a pretty big deal for me. We have signed up for St. Baldrick's, an event that raises money to fight childhood cancer.
I fourtunetly do not know any children with cancer, but I have had family and friends that have had some form of cancer. This is our way of honoring them.
After we shave our heads we will be donating our hair to Locks of Love. So please click here and help us reach our goal.

These are some of the many things I do to get my heavy hair up and out of my face.

Braids A bun I am loving this hat these days The nubbins

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Can't wait to get rid of all this hair. I haven't had it this long since I was in school!

Chocolate and Steel said...

Gosh, that is incredible. Good for you! I feel inspired to do it too. Unfortunately my hair is still pretty short.

Captain Skulduggery Dug said...

Everyone I know that has ever done this have come out of it feeling utterly liberated by the removal of the hair.

One friend explained it to their mother as "I'm revealing who I truly am for the first time. No hiding behind hair, just me, exposed and beautiful, like a butterfly emerging from a cocoon."

Great Job ladies and such a worthy cause!